Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Cat Scan Tech - Per Diem - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 210203
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs a variety of CT imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs.
- EQUIPMENT Responsible for the utilization of CT equipment to insure care and safety of patient undergoing treatment and the use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients. Follows and completes the established quality control on equipment Exhibits skill sets to demonstrate proper use of equipment Demonstrates knowledge of troubleshooting.EDUCATION Possess knowledge and exhibits competency of procedures performed in the department and is able to appropriately respond to questions/concerns the patient or family may have. Attends all mandatory meetings and inservices to maintain competency training. Current CPR certification Maintains ARRT/CT certification, CT certification within 1 year of hire date. Participates in training of new staff members and students.CLINICAL Introduces him/herself to patient Verifies patient Identity Verifies patient’s understanding of process and informed consent of procedure. Practices medical and surgical aseptic techniques Reviews and verifies clinical history. Obtains Lab Results Performs vein puncture Provides documentation that adheres to protocol and policy. Uses professional expertise to adapt imaging procedures to improve diagnostic quality. Monitors image data for technical and diagnostic acceptability Maintains ALARA standard Recognizes signs and symptoms of allergic reaction or other emergency. Monitors and controls workflow.CLERICAL Utilizes IDX appropriately and efficiently Documents patient information Provides patient and referring physician with appropriate documentation for medication reconciliation. Possess exceptional phone skills Maintains patient confidentially Tracks and verifies patient informationMANAGEMENT Performs job duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the highest Professional and ethical standards. Performs all assigned tasks consistent with section protocols. Understands and promotes teamwork Communicates with team members other staff members effectively Consistently reviews status of patient order queue in IDX. Anticipates and prepares for patient needs. Follows dress code guidelines Follows attendance/lateness guidelines CT rooms well stocked, clean and ready to receive patients at all times. Attends section meeting, stays abreast of change within Department and section. Monitors workflowPERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT Participates in performance improvements and continues quality improvement activitiesSAFETY Demonstrates and maintains rules and regulations of the TJC and the State of Pennsylvania Follows hospital and Radiology safety programs Awareness of local fire and safety regulations
- CT certification within 1 year of hire date
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Education Specialization: Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college attended or hospital trained
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE