Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Financial Operations Analyst
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 210082
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: full time regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Job Title: Financial Operations Analyst
Department: OTO Admin
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania - 3400 Spruce St
Hours: Monday - Friday varies per department needs; as early as 7am.
- The Financial Analyst will be supporting two departments (OTO and OMFS) in which will add to the scope of a normal Financial Analyst. The FA for these departments will be working with two schools PSOM and PDM for all development, interfund, BEN transaction approvals and Due to/From journals. This position oversees $140 Mil in gross patient charges, $52 Mil in Operating revenue and expenses. The incumbent will be overseeing $60 Mil in gifts endowments and Funds balance as well as startups that interface with Corporate and intradepartmental arrangements. The incumbent will support over 50 faculty and 400 employee FTEs. The incumbent will be assisting the Director of Finance as needed. This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of the Department and is responsible for managing cross-divisional finance projects within the Department. This role is accountable for financial modeling and analysis, for assessing potential physician acquisitions / additions and for building long-term financial plans for the divisions. The incumbent will take ownership of management reports, optimizing the existing ones and creating new ones by connecting data from various sources and systems.
- Manage, Analyze, and distribute data from disparate systems and troubleshoot data integrity issues, especially in relation to Collection rate by physician, Transfer reporting, Periop cases
- Run monthly and quarterly reporting for PERIOP, Epic, UHC, BEN financial reports in support of physician/PI productivity analysis.
- Analyze and distribute the Monthly Departmental CM statements for distribution to faculty, COO, DOF and other Senior Personnel.
- Manage MPBL and the program bottom lines. CFTE’s, faculty coverage reports. Mission bottom lines. Project metrics for revenue driving, faculty compensation.
- Mange a develop RTR & volume based pro-formas for new Hires strategic alliances, ventures, mergers; or potential programs, strategies.
- Assist the basic science and clinical trial research coordinators in running analyzing an managing monthly reporting. Clearing accounting issues with ORS, ORSS, and developing structure.
- Responsible for building and reconciling basic science research and clinical trial reporting for and cash burn accounts ( 4/5/6 funds/CPUP unrestricted)
- Works with various systems (Medview, Business Objects, Hyperion, EPIC, other) to extract operational and financial information and to combine it into management reports for Department and UPHS Sr. Leadership, as well as for Department Division Chiefs, directors and faculty members.
- Calculates and maintains CFTEs on a quarterly basis.
- Provides and analyzes physician productivity and compensation data as it relates to benchmarks, historical data, etc.
- Works with CFO, COO, Chair and division leadership (Chiefs and directors) on strategic planning, by building and maintaining a long-term financial plan by division, and by modeling the impact of opening of new hospitals and clinics (Pavilion, Radnor, etc.)
- Responsible for evaluation of new programs and new physician return on investment.
- Develops and maintains relevant models.
- Builds P&Ls for exiting faculty on as-needed basis.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly management reports including but not limited to presentation deck to CFO of UPHS, to Department Finance Committee and to COO and Chair of the Department.
- Proposes and works on KPIs and new reports to provide more insights into the operations.
- Responsible for visit, case and admission data by entity and physician to be reconciled with the entity information and to be presented to the entities on a regular basis.
- Assists Department CFO and Sr. Finance Manager in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets using system wide standards and processes.
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of teaching, research, purchased service and rent IETs.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science And 5+ years Relevant Experience (Required)
- OR Master of Arts or Science And 3+ years Relevant Experience (Required)
- Education Specialization: business, accounting, finance or healthcare.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE