Job ID: 207487
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Oversite of accreditation and regulatory compliance matters and documentation associated with the Department of Physical Plant for the HUP Complexes; Rittenhouse; Cedar and the ISC facilities.
Oversite and organization of the Environment of Care Committee reports and minutes.
· Oversees the accreditation and regulatory compliance matters included in The Joint Commission (TJC), Environment of Care (EC) standards that require organizations to manage risks associated with the utility system operating components.
· Preserves records of inspections, testing and maintenance of Physical Plant equipment. Ensures records are maintained, complete and available when accreditation and regulatory agencies are on-site for a survey.
· Remains up to date with accreditation and regulatory compliance guidelines, sharing with and educating staff as needed. This includes organizing the Physical Plant’s Day of Learning classes and ensuring all new staff receive their OSHA-10 or OSHA-30 training and certification.
· Maintains the Physical Plant department’s policies and procedures. Including updating established policies and procedures and drafting new policies and procedures as needed.
· Serves as a member on various inspection committees including EOC Nursing inspections, Radiology inspections and OR inspections. Reports and monitors all deficiencies found during the inspections to ensure they are completed timely.
· Serves as a member of the UPHS Regulatory Compliance Committee, the EOC Committee, the Water Management Committee, the Emergency Management Committee, and the SRA Committee.
· Oversees and organizes the EOC Committee reports and minutes. This includes taking minutes, sending reminders for report submission and coordinating the report packets prior to the meeting.
· Accompanies various agency surveyors during the building tours and surveys. Ensures all Utility Management deficiencies are identified, and plans of correction are established and completed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related Facilities Management field or 3 years of Supervisory / Management level in a large hospital setting.
ASHE National Member and HFMADV Local Member within 6 months of hire date.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.