Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Buyer ( Day Shift)
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 208696
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Shift Hours: First Shift – Monday – Friday / 8 am – 4 pm (No weekends/holidays)
Why join our amazing Princeton Penn Medicine Materials Management Team?
This is an opportunity to join a team of professionals in a high paced and rewarding healthcare environment in the supply chain industry.
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees. (0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
- Responsible for procure-to-pay process from requisition entry through invoice payment for inventory and procedural area orders originating in the hospital. Responsible for entity INR report resolution, open order management, and other local procurement duties as assigned.
- Place orders with vendors; confirm pricing and availability per department guidelines .
- Communicate with inventory and procedural area teams on any order not meeting delivery requirements.
- Resolve buyer messages within Infor for all inventory and procedural area orders as per department guidelines and metrics.
- Enters requisitions via the Infor Requisition Center for Invasive Services areas, as defined within the entity.
- Places orders with vendors accurately with specified requisition locations. Performs accurate order placement as defined by department procedures.
- Expedites orders as necessary.
- Works issues with assigned purchase orders that occur within Infor (PO rejections, buyer messages).
- Reviews open order reports for inventory and Invasive Services areas, assesses backorders and collaborates with MVA resources to determine appropriate actions around backorders and procurement of substitute items.
- Takes initiative to respond to inquiries regarding orders, resolves discrepancies relating to orders placed and communicates with requestors on order and product status.
- Contacts appropriate person, department or vendor when researching invoice issues.
- Manages GHX PO acknowledgement exceptions: 855 EDI transactions.
- Works buyer cost messages as per department procedure.
- Reviews and addresses INR report and resolves inventory and Invasive Services open orders that have corresponding invoices.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate’s Degree: - Required
- Bachelor’s Degree: - Preferred
Related Work Experience
- 2 - 4 years experience: - Required
- 5 - 8 years experience: - Preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE