Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Administrative Chaplain- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 209708
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Department of Spiritual Care at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time Administrative Chaplain:
The Administrative Coordinator of Spiritual Care and Education supports the administrative functions of the Department of Spiritual Care including the Clinical Pastoral Education program. Support will include the day-to-day function of the department, special project management, financial accounting, and administrative support. The Administrative Coordinator of Spiritual Care and Education must possess the ability to work with some degree of autonomy and also interact and function with a variety of stakeholders within and outside of HUP Spiritual Care and Education.
- Administrative support for Chaplain services:
- Ensure that the Department offices, spaces (i.e., Chapels) and equipment are well stocked to function without interruption. Replenish office supplies, liaison with outside service providers including, publishing, printing, equipment maintenance, Ready Fresh (bottled water service) and others as needed.
- Be the welcoming presence at the Department front office, answer phone inquiries, triage requests for chaplain, etc. • Coordinate meetings ensuring all logistics are arranged and confirmed i.e. room reservations, invitations, documents, meeting minutes etc.
- Prepare and update chaplain work schedule calendar including overnight coverage by per-diem chaplains
- Administrative support for Clinical Pastoral Education:
- Assist in recruitment planning and implementation.
- Field and direct inquiries from potential students.
- Receive, review and organize applications.
- Schedule interviews with the ACPE Certified Educator, department Director and any other potential interviewers • Oversee the onboarding process of CPE students who have been accepted to the program
- Project management:
- Organize RFP process for and track progress of department funded projects; coordinate and conduct project planning and status meetings with stakeholders to understand project requirements and budget, communicate project plans and report project status.
- Financial management:
- Track expenditures and revenue for pastoral education programs, track and reconcile department project spending, assure timely deposit of retail rent checks, submit monthly vendor invoices.
- Data management:
- Run monthly and ad hoc reports using departmental data sources including PennChart, filter and sort Language Services utilization data, track and record project outcomes; work with Clinical Pastoral Education students and Pastoral Care Volunteers to coordinate service assignments; track attendance and time off requests.
- Advise BWV, Pastoral Care and Programs & Services Departments on developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED, in lieu of a Bachelor's degree (Required)
- And 5+ years of relevant experience (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- And 3+ years of experience in a high level administrative support role, preferably in healthcare (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE