Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Enteral Distribution Representative - PMAH
Job ID: 209793
Work Type: FT
Location: Lancaster, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The primary functions of the Enteral Distribution Representative are to coordinate intake admission activities for patient enteral referrals and communicate information to internal and external customers for admissions processing. The Enteral Distribution Representative will obtain initial information and medical records, as necessary, for authorization. They will communicate with patients for monthly inventory reviews and troubleshooting as needed. Duties include (but are not limited to) patient registration; phone calls to patients, families/caregivers, and referral sources; real-time documentation in EMR; real-time communication among patients and providers; completion of home infusion documents; incorporating new and changing orders into daily practice, and consistently implementing the assigned processes.
- Accurately enters patient information timely for new referrals into EMR, completes the appropriate supply template for each patient, and tracks pending referrals
- Accurately evaluates all patient supply orders for appropriateness based on individual patient needs and coordinates needs with Leadership to comply with insurance carriers
- Maintains an accurate patient supply profile for all active patients, including all orders and communication documentation
- Accurately communicates patient changes with the physician and dietician and document them in a progress note
- Demonstrates competence in understanding physician orders, ensuring orders are complete as required by policy
- Demonstrates competence in selecting the appropriate supplies for each patient based on the patient’s therapy and individual needs
- Documents new physician information after checking license and NPI information using the websites listed in SOP
- Identifies patient concerns and utilizes individualized strategies to establish a resolution
- Promptly calls all appropriate patients for their supply orders, acquiring accurate information from the patient/caregiver/nurse while maintaining patient confidentiality, privacy, and dignity according to policy and maintaining the security of electronic patient information
- Demonstrates competence in performing an accurate telephone call for all patients, documenting all calls in progress notes and alerts in the computer system
- Coordinates patient care and evaluates the effectiveness of care on an ongoing basis
- Recommends improvements in processes based on performance improvement monitoring activities
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2+ years General office experience or equivalent training
Medical office, medical records, or pharmacy technician experience & familiarity with medical/pharmaceutical terminology preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE