Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 209451
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F Day
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
We are looking for a FT Psychologist!!!!!
Schedule: M-F Day
Location: 3535 Market St.
- Provide psychotherapy services for general adult patients in an outpatient or in-patient setting. Provide clinical supervision to psychotherapy trainees.
- Perform psychological assessments of common mental health disorders in an ambulatory psychiatric care setting with a diverse population of adult patients (18+ years of age).
- Work as a primary clinical care team member to provide empirically supported treatment of common mental health disorders and provide psychoeducation for patients and their support systems.
- Evaluate crises and apply appropriate interventions.
- Document the psychological assessment, interventions, and treatment plans in a timely and appropriate manner, to maintain thorough records in compliance with professional standards, and regulatory and insurance requirements.
- Consult and collaborate with prescribing clinicians regarding medication for the management and treatment of mental health disorders when indicated.
- Triage and refer patients to specialty mental health services when appropriate.
- Provide clinical supervision to psychotherapy trainees. This involves the cultivation and development of the next generation of psychotherapists.
- Prepare, present, and disseminate didactic knowledge with colleagues and trainees regarding various theoretical orientations and interventions.
- Responsible for emotionally managing traumatic information daily.
- Responsible for providing resilient self-support and processing difficult information with colleagues.
- Participate in Department quality improvement initiatives and meetings. Identify problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in Entity and Department initiatives for Patient/Employee safety. Demonstrate an awareness of patient/employee safety when carrying out the daily responsibilities of position.
- Annual validation of competencies required for the position.
- Clinical Psychologist, Active license to practice psychology in the Commonwealth of PA, necessary continuing education credits to maintain licensure in psychology, credentials to practice psychotherapy. (Required)
- PsyPact with Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology (APIT) OR active license to practice psychology in the state of New Jersey. (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Ph.D. or Psy.D in Clinical Psychology And 2+ years Post graduate experience in providing psychotherapy. (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE