Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Capital Accountant
Job ID: 203809
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm, hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Senior Capital Accountant will process and maintain capital expenditure requests and is responsible for preparing necessary reports. They will assist the Accounting Manager with UPHS Capital Budget Process including asset additions, transfers and disposals. The account will be responsible for Lawson "Asset Management" and "Activities" module maintenance and reconciliation to general ledger. They will enforce Capital Procurement Procedures and Controls while maintain UPHS benchmarking activities across four entities by preparing key financial and statistical indicator slide presentations for senior management and by uploading statistics into Hyperion.
- Partner with Operational management and provide a customer service orientation of financial services to all constituencies, including timely communications.
- Provide financial support and training for project managers and other customers on the use of reporting tools and procedures for Crystal Reporting, on-line capital expense request (CER) form and monthly CER spending reports.
- Maintain the following systems: FSM Asset Management, Activities, Hyperion Capital Application and related information systems necessary for the capital accounting and budgeting.
- Identify and recommend functions for automation as appropriate.
- Attend entity capital meetings to understand capital project statuses and to assist entity leaders with the capital process.
- Update and reconcile capital budget in the FSM Activities system by the close of each month.
- Process CERs within 24 hours of receipt of fully completed CER.
- Keep track of CER encumbrances against summary level budgets. Upon request, CER details will be made available to the CFOs, Project Managers or other customers.
- Reconcile monthly-approved CERs in the FSM activities system and Hyperion capital application.
- Provide Purchasing Department with approved CER with necessary accounting information to issue Purchase Orders
- Update the general ledger monthly with capital related entries for each UPHS entity. This includes depreciation expense, CIP transfers, transfers and deletions for all Health Services entities.
- Maintain the asset management ledger for all Health Services. Maintenance includes updating the plant ledger for additions, transfers and disposals each month.
- Provide monthly capital spending reports for all Health Services entities. These reports should provide comparisons to the authorized capital budgets and approved CERs. These reports should include project level detail.
- Development testing and implementation of the Hyperion capital module.
- Reconcile the FSM module to the Hyperion capital application monthly.
- Upload final capital budget to FSM ledger.
- Compared monthly capital spending budget to actual capital spending by entity and investigate variances for senior management.
- Calculate the monthly budget allocation for daily admissions and patient days by service line and by entity to be used in Medview.
- Maintain, adjust and reconcile board approved budgets in Hyperion, Access and FSM Asset Management.
- Perform quality checks on all departmental capital budget submissions.
- Prepare monthly slide presentation of key financial and statistical indicators for senior management.
- Upload monthly stats into Hyperion.
- Calculate ADC, average daily census, by nurse station for director of admission.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED. (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Information Systems. (Preferred)
- 2+ years of accounting and/or budget preparation experience. (Required)
- 0-1 years of experience with general ledger systems such as Lawson and Hyperion. (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE