Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm ( no weekends)
Join our amazing team!
Can you deliver great customer service and are able transport our valued clients in a comfortable, safe and timely manner?
We have an all-hands-on-deck approach and we value each team member in our department. We operate with professionalism and courtesy at all times, providing excellent customer service to our valued clients.
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees.( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for additional information regarding our amazing benefits package.
- The Transportation Manager provides administrative oversight of the transportation staff functions across all six outpatient centers. The transportation manager serves as a content expert for problem-solving related to logistics including, data management, scheduling, route management, work flow, administrative process improvement, constancy and customer service. This role works in collaboration with the Executive Director and is part of the outpatient administrative team.
- Financial Oversight - Manage the transportation budget, including expenses associated with staff salaries, equipment and supplies. Control operating expenses within annual budgeted parameters.
- Transportation Staff Management - Develop staffing plans to meet transportation needs.
- Facilitate monthly transportation.
- Supervise meetings across six outpatient centers.
- Provide support and act as a resource for problem-solving around route management, work flow and Logisitcare.
- Train transportation supervisors in pertinent policies, procedures and workflow processes.
- Ensure transportation supervisors establish a cross coverage and training program.
- Collaborate with the Outpatient Site Director in the recruitment and hiring of new transportation supervisors and drivers. Monitor and maintain valid driver’s license information across all outpatient centers.
- Work in collaboration with PHCS departments to facilitate vehicle and driver insurance coverage (coordinate communication around claims when needed) Contract Management - Establish and monitor contracts in collaboration with the Executive Director to optimize cost savings and provide consistency across OP centers (gas, maintenance and repairs). Monitor vehicle fleet maintenance and replacement schedules. Monitor an maintain fleet registration and inspection. Maintain integrity of SQL database related to the outpatient fleet.
- Monitor MediRoute and Logisticare contracts. Act as PHBH leadership to navigate and resolve issues related to MediRoutes and Logisticare. Ensure payment and reimbursement to/from all vendors related to transportation.
- Procedure Compliance - Monitor sites on established performance measures and generate standard reports.
- Work in collaboration with Admissions Director/Clinical Manager to determine transportation availability at the time of screening to decrease the delay in offering an evaluation appointment as well as enhance the customer experience.
- Monitor sites in collaboration with the Executive Director and Outpatient Site Director for adherence to established procedures and workflow processes including, but not limited to, the following areas: ( New admissions, LOC changes, Discharges, patient call-outs).
- Process Improvement - Assess workflow to evaluate effectiveness, efficiency, consistency and quality.
- Collaborate with designated staff to develop and refine processes.
- Collaborate with the Outpatient Directors to ensure standard and efficient procedures are implemented at all outpatient centers. Provide training and support for standard implementation of workflow processes.
- Research and Problem Solve - Research policies, procedures, and data sources to solve problems related to the full array of transportation functions.
- Driver's License (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED required -
- NJ Driver's License in good standing required.
Related Work Experience
- At least 5 years' experience managing courier operations, driver dispatching, or duties related to safe vehicle-based movement of materials and/or people required.
- 1+ years prior supervisory experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.