Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Security Officer
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 210690
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Evening Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In support of the security management team the Lead Security Officer will assist in oversite of the daily operations of the security department, generally on an assigned shift. This position represents a Security professional who is proficient in front line officer tasks, with additional leadership responsibilities.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing of security staff to support department needs and safe hospital coverage. Participates in on-call rotation.
- May participate in applicant interviews, and in the staff performance appraisal process.
- Has input into the content and quality of staff training and holds staff accountable for performance expectations.
- Ensures members of the Security Department are properly trained and prepared to handle duties and responsibilities.
- Provides staff feedback and re-training when identified and necessary.
- Provides ID Badge training to Security Officers (all shifts).
- Ensure that required staff certifications are current.
- Provides Safety Training for the hospital personnel of Patient Safety Assistants, Nursing Assistants and Transporters.
- Communicates with hospital and Security leadership on appropriate matters; and maintains a working relationship with all hospital departments.
- Logs and reports both routine and unusual activity.
- Acts as a resource and role model for Security Officers.
- Assists in the payroll approval process. Gathers metrics; creates and maintains monthly and annual reports as directed.
- Screens visitors, investigates incidents and responds to requests for security/safety support.
- Performs all duties normally expected of a Security Officer including but not limited to the patrol of both interior and exterior property.
- Addresses any items that require attention.
- Escorts and serves as a liaison between hospital and police, funeral directors, coroner agents, and/or other community members.
- Provides guidance to those who seek assistance.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Healthcare Security & Saftey (Required)
- IAHSS Basic Certification preferred
IAHSS Advanced Certification within 6 months of hire
IAHSS Supervisor Certification within 1 year of hire
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- And 2+ years Security experience required, experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE