Job ID: 210797
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Occupational Health Center and Travel Medicine Program Billing and Accounts Receivable Coordinator is a key member of our staff who works proactively with other team members to ensure accurate and timely review and processing of all billing, accounts receivable and the collection thereof. As the Billing and Accounts Receivable Coordinator, you play an important role in customer relations, therefore strong verbal and written communications are a must. We are looking for an energetic and optimistic candidate with strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organization, and the skill of multi-tasking.
Strong computer skills including solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and EMR
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with employers, patients, providers, and other colleagues
· Ability to work with all staff members in a cooperative, team-oriented manner
· Must be well organized, able to multi-task and prioritize in a busy environment
· Run necessary reports to process accurate and timely invoices
· Handle and log deposits, balance bank statements to cash sheet and log, post payments
· Maintain and reconcile accounts and process adjustments
· Ensure efficient collection process, issue collection letters, monitor returned checks and chargebacks, perform collection calls and prepare bad debt write-offs
· Investigate and resolve client queries
· Other duties as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED; Associate Degree in Accounting or Business preferred but not required
· Prior billing, accounts receivable and worker’s compensation experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.