This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 210891
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time Day Shift. Remote.
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
The Scheduler works collaboratively with other hospital services, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered. The Scheduler performs all outpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Conducts comprehensive patient interviews by obtaining accurate information such as Social Security Number, name, address, phone number, guarantor data and phone number, third party payer, etc., while verifying applicable information via on-line software. Assigns coordination of benefits in hospital information system.
o Ensure complete accuracy when scheduling patients’ exam to include informing patients of all required information necessary on day of exam.
o Verify appointment availability for each request using the current scheduling system.
· Maintains and protects the patient’s confidentiality in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
· Verifies eligibility and benefits and obtains authorizations/pre-certifications, and referrals when applicable
o Scans necessary documentation into Patient Record in PennChart
· Exemplifies customer service by answering phones and interacting with patients, staff, clinicians and visitors in a timely and pleasant manner
· Accepts changes in assignment in the spirit of good teamwork; accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors; demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving relating to issues or concerns.
Education Training and Experience
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
· Previous registration and/or insurance verification experience required.
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Good Computer Skills. Ability to learn all software applications
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Highly organized, efficient work habits
· Sound analytical, problem solving and planning skills
· Demonstrates ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a calm, professional mannerWe believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.