Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
BI and Data Analytics Manager
Job ID: 124617
Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Apr 12, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Business Intelligence and Data Analytics Manager is responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, implementation, optimization, maintenance, testing, documentation and operation of business intelligence applications to support financial and clinical analytics, planning, and decision making.
- Provides financial support and leadership to entity Chief Financial Officer and Senior Leadership Team in the development of entity revenue cycle initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Provides technical direction for the Entity and ensures that technical and process applications and information in the business intelligence environment are implemented and maintained to support core analytic functions.
- Assists Entity leadership in establishing the ongoing development and operations of business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight.
- Collects business and functional requirements and applies expert level understanding of business intelligence and analytics technologies to translate these requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture with understanding of the critical business implications.
- Partners with internal business partners and leaders across the organization to understand the current and future analytical and reporting goals and deliver data-driven scalable reporting solutions to drive strategic and tactical decisions
- Provides/oversees training and end-user support as required on systems available for financial planning and reporting.
- Deep dives into data sets to answer key business questions using SQL, Excel, and other data manipulation languages
- Supports senior management with analytic and strategic projects, including but not limited to: financial models, scenario-driven forecasting models, industry benchmarking, key performance metrics, and ad-hoc analyses
- Oversees all financial reports for presentation to Entity stakeholder; reports are to be professionally presented (graphically enhanced) and ready to distribute.
- Serves as liaison with local and central information technology units to ensure compliance with university standards as well as the use of proven state of the art technology and business applications.
- Develops data analytics strategies and execute data structure plans, including but not limited to analytics models and business decision making metrics to complete projects on time and within budget to ensure optimal operation of business intelligence.
- Evaluates, identifies, prioritizes, and implements ad-hoc reports, dashboard reporting, validation, and outlier detection using Entity’s business intelligence and data analytics tools such as Tableau, Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Ensures the security and proper use of personally identifiable information within the team and the business partners in accordance with UPHS policy and HIPAA
- Interacts with all levels of the organization in technical, financial, and business solution delivery discussions. Ensures effective change management process are in place.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Accounting /Finance /Business Intelligence or similar field
- Master's degree in Accounting /Finance /Business Intelligence or similar field preferred
- 5+ years Progressive experience in healthcare information systems and/or finance required
- EPIC Clarity Certification preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE