Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nurse Practitioner Oncology
Job ID: 126821
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 13, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The nurse practitioner is a key figure in the practice with responsibilities extending across several aspects of the practice's operations. He/she will work alongside a designated Practice Administrator who will have administrative responsibilities for the practice. He/she provides clinical care for patients enrolled in the Hospital, leadership for the nursing staff and medical assistant staff.
- Provides follow-up and urgent care as needed for patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Formulates a differential diagnosis based on history, physical exam and diagnostic test results. Develops and implements a treatment plan. Prescribes medications in accordance with collaborative agreement and Pennsylvania State CRNP regulations.
- Maintains a process for systematic follow-up.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information.
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates specific functions and activities of the clinical staff as required, including management, human resources, support services and patient flow.
- Works closely with practice administrator and Lead Clinical RN on all aspects of clinical staff issues.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development and management of clinical employees.
- Reviews and interprets operational problems/policies to Practice Administrator. Helps to resolve problems and recommend changes.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as needed.
- Serves as a resource/consultant/preceptor to students and other members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates own clinical performance and seeks appropriate continuing education
- Participates in departmental committees and projects as requested.
- Demonstrates the competence, knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate assessment, treatment and care of patients served, whose ages range from adolescence through adulthood and geriatrics, and have various ranges of disabilities
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Acute Care Certification (required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
2+ years Acute or Ambulatory Clinician Nursing experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE