Job ID: 127347
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 13, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
|The Core Laboratory at Pennsylvania Hospital is looking for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to join the team. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities. Performs waived, moderate and/or high-complexity tests and procedures in clinical laboratory sections under the direction of the Supervisor.|
• Performs appropriately requested clinical laboratory analyses on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• May be required to perform phlebotomy for diagnostic testing on patients of all age groups.
• Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
• Maintains specified laboratory documents required by various accreditation agencies.
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
Bachelor’s degree (in Medical Technology or other biological or chemical science) or U.S. equivalent (substantiated by foreign credential evaluation statement) and 0 - 1years of experience with moderate, high complexity laboratory testing experience at Pennsylvania Hospital.
|Certification by a minimum standards exam such as the Board of Certification (ASCP) or equivalent or eligible to take such an exam. Candidates holding current certification preferred.|
Additional Shift Information: Monday through Friday and Every 4th Weekend
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.