Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Business Operations Consultant CPUP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 126672
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 13, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Business Operations Consultant is responsible for delivering professional, high quality business operations consultancy to practices across the breadth and depth of their ambulatory practice operational processes. The Business Operations Consultant provides robust business operations support assessments along with providing viable recommendations and solutions. The Business Operations Consultant specializes in specific areas related to practice operations including, but not limited to workflow optimization, staffing workloads, facility room management and capacity planning and provides expert advice in collaboration with the operations internal consulting team to assist with ensuring ambulatory practices operate at an optimal state.
- Organize and execute assigned department practice based business consulting assessment requests on behalf of clients according to agreed upon requirements and defined scope
- Meet with assigned department clients when needed and perform an initial assessment of a problematic situation and defined scope of service
- Collect various information about the client’s business operations through a variety of methods (i.e. direct observations, interviews, surveys, reviewing data reports etc.)
- Analyze and interpret data to extract opportunities and comprehend the root causes
- Formulate well developed recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s needs, capabilities and limitations forming concise reports to drive implementation and success
- Present findings and recommendations to clients with sufficient justification, practical advice and feasible action plan
- Develop detailed business plans to drive meaningful change management
- Assist the client in implementing the plan and resolve occasional discrepancies along with follow up
- Responds in a timely manner to relevant department and division requests for consulting service support
- Assists departments and divisions to frame articulated needs into robust data deliverables with support processes, data governance, etc.
- Conducts interactions with customers in an organized and professional manner
- Creates a culture of access to data, delivering timely and trustworthy solutions, and providing self-service or needed support services to access information to realize improved outcomes.
- Promotes self-service options and training for platforms throughout the ambulatory practices
- Conducts effective interviews to support problem solving and solution development
- Determines the most effective communications for each situation
- Presents findings and recommendation sin a clear, concise manner
- Facilitates team building to support problem solving
- Collaborates with Project Managers to facilitate positive outcomes
- Establishes strong working relationships with Administrators, Physicians, Managers and Staff
- Establishes credibility by providing value-add services to CPUP Departments
- Manage internal and external vendor relationships, with the support of the Director, and holds them accountable for deliverables
- Work with various partners such as SDS, IS, Data Science, etc across the system to design, develop, and maintain various reporting capabilities.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification Preferred, Clinical experience (advanced nurse practitioner, registered nurse).
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 5+ years Experience in healthcare administration is Preferred
Experience as a Practice Manager or Practice Coordinator is Preferred
Experience as an Operations Consultant / Analyst is Preferred
Experience with Epic’s suite of practice management, revenue cycle, and reporting applications is preferred
Experience working in Teaching Hospitals and Academic Health Science Centers is preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
- 1+ years Experience in clinical analytics, in health care or business operations,
Experience with Process Improvement, Project Management, Practice Management, Operations Analytics
Experience with Electronic Health Records
Experience working in teaching Hospitals and Academic Health Systems
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE