Job ID: 124363
Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Apr 20, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking a full time Physician and Advanced Practice Recruiter to support the Director of Physician Recruitment in the selection of new attending physicians and APP's for various clinical specialties throughout Penn Medicine.
The Physician Recruiter is responsible for collaborating with Penn Medicine departments and leadership to identify and hire primary care and specialty care physicians and advanced practice providers. This includes working with entity leadership and the individual departments to understand the details of each open position and coordinate recruitment activities, such as advertising, sourcing, interviewing, and offer execution. The Physician Recruiter will be responsible for ensuring the best client and candidate experience through the interview and offer processes, as well as ensuring a smooth onboarding into the department. The Physician Recruiter will act as the central point of contact during each individual recruitment effort, ensuring that the hiring department and other internal stakeholders are kept informed throughout all aspects of the recruitment and offer process.
• Hire approximately 10-20 full time physicians annually for employment within Penn Specialty Practices and Penn Primary Care. This includes both primary care and specialty care attending physician hires.
• Recruit advanced practice clinicians for employment within Penn Specialty Practices and Penn Primary Care.
• Work closely with the Director of Physician Recruitment, entity leadership, and the individual department to develop a recruitment plan for each open position.
• Source candidates utilizing a variety of venues including: internet job boards, social media, career fairs, list services, residency/fellowship programs or agencies.
• Phone screen and submit qualified applicants for review to the department. Log all candidate activity in the Salesforce database.
• Oversee the interview coordination process for selected candidates to ensure an excellent first impression of the practice and Penn Medicine.
• Participate in candidate interviews when applicable.
• Compensation and contract negotiation. Extending offers to prospective candidates. Participates in drafting the compensation package, Offer Letter, and Employment Agreement.
• Ensures that internal clients and key stakeholders are kept informed throughout all aspects of the physician recruitment process.
• Collaborate with the Provider Services Specialist with the on-boarding of each new hire. Understands the Penn Office of Medical Affairs process for credentialing and enrollment.
• Maintain an understanding of physician compensation market trends by reviewing annual compensation surveys.
• Organize and proactively track candidates for future openings using the Salesforce database.
• Participate in special projects as identified such as marketing, retention, new or updated processes, and workforce planning and pipeline strategies.
• Maintain an understanding of Penn Medicine Human Resources shared services functions in order to advise physician employees with basic Human Resources questions surrounding policies, benefits, retirement, HRIS, etc.
A Bachelors degree is required for this role. Three or more years of experience in recruitment within a highly matrixed organization is required. Prior experience with physician recruitment or executive search is strongly preferred.
The Physician Recruiter demonstrates the highest level of recruiting practice, values their role as an ambassador & representative of Penn Medicine, and is a subject matter expert. The Physician Recruiter will demonstrate independent action, analysis and interpretation and be confident and competent with compensation and contract negotiation.
• Interpersonal and liaison skills essential for forming key relationships and working with physicians, management, and executives
• Must possess the personal presence to represent Penn Medicine in a variety of recruiting related situations including in person and virtual situations.
• Has a thorough understanding of legal implications of recruitment and selection processes. Understands and can communicate key Penn Medicine initiatives and business objectives
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
• Must be ambitious and a self-starter
• Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines; also able to keep focused and motivated during a long and difficult recruitment.
The position is remote from home with occasional local travel for site visits and meetings. The position requires a valid drivers license.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.