Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Program Manager PCCHW
Job ID: 129326
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 20, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- IMPaCT Program Managers have a diverse role. They support a team of up to 6 Community Health Workers (CHWs), who in turn provide personalized support for up to 100 patients/each per year. They also lead strategic organizational projects in a functional portfolio (e.g., policy, community engagement, training, and management). In connection with CHW supervision, Program Managers help CHWs integrate into care teams, ensure high-quality outcomes for their team, help hire and train new CHWs, and help the Center continue to innovate and refine IMPaCT. As strategist for organizational projects, Program Managers create and lead teams of CHWs and other staff who work with them to achieve the strategic goals of projects within their functional portfolio.
- Lead a team of up to 6 Community Health Workers and sure they entire team meets established program targets including:
- Providing intensive CHW support to 50 - 100 patients annually
- Contacting 100% patients/week
- Resolving 60% of patient-centered health and wellness goals
- 55% of patients have chronic disease measures moving in the right direction
- 60% of patients attend their PCP appointment within 14 days of discharge
- 90% of patients receiving discharge meds
- 35% of CHWs present at discharge
- Ensure continued quality of patient outcomes by producing regular reports and coaching CHWs to develop their skills
- Provide individualized supervision to CHWs
- Integrate CHWs with care providers working in hospitals and clinics
- Recruit CHW candidates from within the community and participate in the selection process
- Facilitate team meetings and support groups for patients
- Co-create, manage, and implement an agenda of strategies within the functional portfolio of the organization
- Build and manage a team of CHWs and other staff who work to implement strategies for their functional portfolio.
- Conduct basic accounting for project expenses and program management.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Work (Preferred)
- 5-7 years of experience in clinical social work, leadership experience with non-profit or community-based organizations, and service in low-income communities
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE