Job ID: 127230
Customer Service/Patient Access
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 25, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Access Services Associate I (Remote)
The Access Services Associate I (ASA-I) is a call center based customer service position supporting Penn Medicine ambulatory practices. This phone based, high volume role supports several types of patient interactions including: Patient Registration, Appointment Scheduling, Provider Referrals, Pre-authorizations, Insurance Verifications and other patient interactions. The position requires superior and compassionate customer service skills with a focus on productivity to satisfy financial and operational targets of the Health System.
This is exclusively a Work From Home position but will require infrequent planned practice/office onsite visits for training and/or meetings. The first 1-2 days will be onsite for orientation and hardware distribution.
This position requires demonstrable computer skills (Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite).
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 2 or 4 -year college degree preferred.
• Medical office experience or customer service experience preferred.
• Advanced degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters) may be considered in lieu of experience.
• Thorough knowledge of third party insurance coverage guidelines preferred.
• Must successfully complete/pass EPIC Schedgistration training/tests.
• Basic computer knowledge (hardware) and skills required.
• Experience with Windows operating system, Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to speak English for a business setting.
• Customer-focused communication skills (verbal/written) required.
• Critical thinking and multi-tasking skills required.
• EMR skills preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.