Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Revenue Cycle Project Coordinator
Job ID: 131358
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2022
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Revenue Cycle Project Coordinator is responsible for leading assessment initiative to identify key opportunities and implement effective revenue cycle solutions. This position manages projects to improve the revenue cycle by strategically planning, directing, and coordinating activities to help practice and hospital staff with their business revenue operations, clinical documentation and technical needs through assessments and interventions. This position will perform a variety of tasks independently leading projects and working collaboratively as a team member of the enterprise revenue cycle.
- Leads Revenue Cycle Assessments throughout organization collaborating with departments to implement leading performance improvement plans.
- Manages critical revenue cycle implementation projects related to EPIC including review of current system operations and crafting future state best practice processes.
- Works closely with director to manage scope, budget and timelines relative to project management. Independently identifies areas of opportunity and develops action plan for remediation.
- Reviews and assesses supporting analysis and calculations for revenue cycle month-end review.
- Prepares root cause analysis for both Operations and Revenue reporting metrics at the deparment level for quarterly finance review.
- Provides assistance to department management throughout CPUP/HUP in assessing and interpreting departmental statistical data. Works closely with Finance, and Managed Care to communicate major changes and proposed changes to department processes.
- Reports, investigates, and assists in resolution of significant revenue cycle metrics variances identified through continuous monitoring reports. Coordinates front, middle and back end analytics.
- Works closely with Patient Access, HIM and Patient Accounting to ensure seamless communication throughout Revenue Cycle.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years Revenue Cycle experience.
2+ years Project coordination experience.
AAHAM certification preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
- General working knowledge/previous exposure of healthcare environments and auditing concepts.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE