Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Imaging Technologist
Job ID: 130310
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Oversees the daily operations of the Imaging technical staff, to provide optimal customer service as well as an efficient and pleasant environment for staff and patients. Works with management and other clinical entities, to adhere and set standards and initiatives that enhance departmental polices and educational growth for the imaging staff in tandem with Penn Medicine's vision and mission statement
- Coordinates and directs functions within outpatient imaging center, under the supervision of the Practice Manager/Administrator, such as but not limited to, ordering of supplies, staff schedules, quality initiatives, and other related tasks. Must also help staff with PACS or HIS issues and the repairs/issues/replacement of equipment within the office. May act as the liaison between the technical staff, radiologists and patients to resolve minor conflicts on the spot.
- Clearly defines work expectations for all tech staff.
- Address minor performance issues immediately and directly. Works with manager on serious performance issues.
- Assists with performance appraisals annually.
- Provides guidance and support to team members.
- Assists staff in addressing challenges and skill deficits.
- Encourages continuous growth and helps staff to realize full potential by identifying goals and creating learning plans.
- Performs and oversees Imaging examination selecting proper technical factors; maintains accurate record data.
- Oversees supplies and other accessories needed for office function.
- Oversees patient and staff schedules on a daily basis to confirm accuracy. Confirms that rooms and staff are bring properly utilized.
- Quality Control – oversees that responsible parties are maintaining an accurate and up to date protocol/QC manual. Maintain ACR standings for all offices.
- Must be able to prepare memos and documentation using clear and concise language.
- Acts as a liaison for the radiologist and technologist. Support radiologist with quality control issues.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meeting and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Oversees that processes are followed with equipment issues/repairs/installations.
- Oversees dosimetry program.
- Performs imaging procedures within their certified modality
- ARRT or NMTCB or RDMS or RVT (Required)
- Registry in their Modality, Imaging Modality (ARRT, RDMS, RVT, NMTCB) required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Other (Required)
- Graduated from an accredited Imaging program. Certification/Registry, Any Imaging Modality
3+ years Experience in their modality.
5+ years Experience in more than 1 modality preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE