Job ID: 130627
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 26, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
• Follows established SOP and age-specific techniques for the collection of biological specimens for analysis, and evaluates and solves problems related to that process. • Performs accurate venipuncture and micro (capillary) techniques in sample collection.
• Observes emotional and physical state of patient for any adverse reactions to phlebotomy.
• Performs assigned patient-sample processing activities. • Follows established SOP for the processing of biological specimens for analysis, and evaluates and solves problems related to that process.
• Operates the pneumatic tube system properly and observes all Infection Control policies while handling specimens
• Provides timely distribution of specimens to appropriate laboratory sections.
• Maintains accurate and orderly log records and/or worksheets where required according to SOP’s.
• Maintains a safe and orderly work area: demonstrates safe work practices. • Keeps work area free from personal documents & items.
• Answers phone in a professional and courteous manner, speaking to caller in a caring manner. Answers questions or refers callers to the appropriate source. Avoids putting caller on hold or transferring call unnecessarily.
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.