Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 131005
Category: Business Process Improvement
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2022
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Workforce Analyst is responsible for staff forecasting and the creation, maintenance, and intra-day management of the schedules to ensure optimal contribution to capacity for the Access System. The position will provide for tactical planning and trend analysis to ensure that the Access System achieves service level objectives that result in a world-class Patient Experience.
- The Workforce Analyst will provide the following functions using the Avaya/Verint Workforce Management software:
- Forecasting across all channels
- Scheduling and intra-day management
- Trend analysis across all channels
- Staffing availability, utilization, and adherence analysis
- First level reporting from Avaya and Verint
- In addition, this position will partner with telecommunications to ensure that the most up to date technologies are available and optimized according to best practices. They will also partner with Access System leadership, key stakeholders, and leaders across the enterprise to foster transparency in Access System workforce management, and promote collaboration in optimizing operations and improving the patient experience
- Produce weekly agent schedules for all scheduling groups utilizing the Avaya/Verint Workforce Management (WFM) system.
- Manage and maintain agent schedule exceptions, shift requests and assignment, time off requests, adherence performance and reporting, as well as training and meeting schedules within the WFM system.
- Analyze call volume history, calling patterns, business events, service levels, and associated data to accurately forecast call/contact load and staff required to achieve service level and workforce optimization.
- Monitor incoming volume across all skills and channels (voice, email, chat, Epic work queues), handle times, service levels, headcount, non-phone work, and other statistics (shrinkage) to ensure the appropriate number of agents available to meet Access System performance goals.
- Support Access System leadership to address staffing issues by analyzing trends in call/contact volume, call patterns, staff productivity, and resource allocation; as they impact the management of the workforce. Identify areas of concern and communicate to call center managers and supervisors for resolution.
- Provide information to call center leadership on events and long-term trends that impact volume, handle time, arrival patterns, or other dynamics relevant to workforce utilization.
- Ensure staffing models are in line with current budget; assist in forecasting future staffing budgets for the Access System.
- Analyze and review operational performance, compare results against business objectives and KPIs, and provide feedback to management on process improvements.
- Disseminate information to Access System management and personnel as needed (e.g., schedules, forecasts, analysis, reports, and recommendations).
- Participate in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate.
- Support system leadership as relates to the start up demands of the new Enterprise-wide Access System.
- Perform duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years Experience as a Workforce Analyst in a large (100+ seat) contact center environment, or equivalent (5 years preferred)
- Certification - Verint Workforce Management OR 3+ years Experience using Verint Workforce Management module (5 years preferred)
Certification - Avaya Telephony platform OR 3+ years Experience working on the Avaya platform
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE