Job ID: 123665
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 27, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Central Processing Department at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is seeking a Instrument Processing Technician.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
Receiving and processing incoming supplies and equipment
Performing cleaning and sterilizing duties and preparing instrument trays in central supply under the direction of the shift supervisor
• Decontaminates, cleans, and processes instruments and equipment, and the inspects instruments and identifies those in need of repairs.
• Accurately assembles instrument trays and case carts, and completes daily unit assignment within appropriate time frame.
• Attends a minimum of 12 hours of education time to include in-services and contact hours which consists of 85% attendance of staff meetings and/or documents 100% review of minutes.
• Demonstrates quality care based on standards, policies and procedures as evidenced through quality control monitoring tools (i.e., QC, occurrence reports, and observation).
• Performs biological testing on all sterilizers as they pertain to the shift as assigned and maintain the appropriate records relating to sterilization and biological monitoring.
• Decontaminates, cleans and processes flexible scopes and ultrasound probes manually and AER (automatic endoscope reprocessor).
• Assists with the orientation of personnel to unit functions and standards. • Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Please apply if you possess these qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Central Processing or Operating Room Technician Graduate of a Central Processing or Surgical Technician Program required
Completed a central processing training course and/or internship within a hospital/medical center required
Previous hospital experience as a Central Processing or Operating Room Technician preferred
Must be able to operate vacuum displacement sterilizers, Cart washers and washer sterilizers, sonic washers and instrument tracking systems
Must be a certified central service technician or surgical technician from one of the four certification bodies at the time of hire or acquire certification within 18 months of the date of hire
IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management)
CBSPD (Certification Board of Sterile Processing and Distribution)
AST (Association of Surgical Technologist)
NCCT (National Center for Competency Testing)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.