Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Pharmacy Technician - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 131798
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
*This position is located at Pennsylvania Hospital*
- The Lead Technician coordinates all technician-related activities within the outpatient pharmacy from training to daily pharmacy technician duties. The individual in the role will manage technician scheduling and coverage, and train pharmacists and interns on QS1, POS and robotics. As the Lead Technician, the individual will also assist Pharmacy Supervisors with pharmacy-related initiatives, (e.g., insurance audits, support staff initiatives), provide timely communication to Pharmacists, e.g., customer service, patient/employee safety, operational/schedule needs, and inventory control. As the Lead Technician, he/she will be responsible for processing prescriptions through the pharmacy system including adjudication of claims to third party insurance plans, for the filling of medication orders timely and accurately, recognize common drug names, and select proper drug, dosage form, strength and quantity, as appropriate for review by the Pharmacist, completing and recording all maintenance required for automated pharmacy counters, monitoring and maintaining pharmacy dispensing supplies and maintaining adequately stocked cash registers utilizing petty cash.
- Training of newly hired technicians for all aspects of their jobs.
- Scheduling and placement of technician staff.
- Assisting and directing the other technicians to assure that all prescriptions and tasks are completed in a timely fashion, deliveries are made as scheduled, and scheduled employee breaks times are adhered to.
- Coordinate compliance with technician staff (e.g., Knowledge Link, new programs, policies, and processes).
- Responsible to maintain knowledge of all technician positions and cover said positions when needed.
- Train pharmacists and interns on QS1, POS and robotics.
- The coordination with computer software vendors to address hardware and/or software issues, as well as notify all other stores on the server of the issue if needed.
- Assist Pharmacy supervisors with insurance audits.
- The Lead Technician is will be responsible to process prescriptions through the pharmacy system including adjudication of claims to third party insurance plans, for the filling of medication orders timely and accurately, recognize common drug names, and select proper drug, dosage form, strength and quantity, as appropriate for review by the Pharmacist.
- The Lead Technician is will be responsible for completing and recording all maintenance required for automated pharmacy counters.
- Maintaining par levels and reordering all pharmacy dispensing supplies.
- Assist in maintain adequately stocked cash registers utilizing petty cash.
- Assist in implementing all management initiatives to pharmacy support staff.
- Provide timely communication to Pharmacist for checking and general activities including proper customer service, patient/employee safety, operational/schedule needs, and inventory control.
- CPhT- Certified Pharmacy Tech (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2 to 4 years experience as a Pharmacy Technician I required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE