Job ID: 130173
PT 20+ HOURS
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Apr 28, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
• Provides quality customer service to patients, visitors and UPHS employees, exercising courtesy and professionalism at all times.
• Performs patient preoperative phone calls in an efficient but courteous and professional manner.
• Takes accurate and complete messages; ensures follow through for patient inquiries
• Gives and receives correct information or materials to/from the public as needed or requested.
• Performs and documents accurately in electronic logs ensuring completion of preop phone calls; follows through with unresolved issues and performs a comprehensive handoff at the end of their assigned shift.
• Sets up, organizes and maintains orderly files and record keeping systems.
• Assists patients in rescheduling appointments as requested; redirects clinical questions that are not within scope of practice.
• Reviews electronic medical records in a systematic and timely fashion, inspecting charts to ensure completeness, providing accurate feedback in a timely fashion and within established time guidelines.
• Utilizes multiple electronic information systems including but not limited to EPIC and its interfaces to retrieve and review patient information.
• Avoids crisis through systematic planning and follow through• Organizes work activity around meal breaks assuring adequate coverage.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.