Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director for Train and Development
Job ID: 131583
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Assistant Director for Training and Development for Penn Center for Community Health Workers will work to implement the leading components and support the IMPaCT model. Additionally, this individual will participate in projects to design and build products that will allow for scale of the IMPaCT model. This individual will be expected to support the dissemination of the IMPaCT model to other health systems, government, and community organizations across the country. Additionally, the Assistant Director for Training and Development will supervise Community Health Workers.
- This position reports primarily to the Chief Operating Officer, with a secondary report to the Director for CHW training and supervision activities.
- Support dissemination of IMPaCT model to other health systems, governments and community organizations across the country by:
- Working with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Strategy Officer to plan for successful sales and implementation to replicate the IMPaCT model within external partner organizations
- Developing others, including CHWs, Managers, and Trainers, to facilitate IMPaCT content, including CHW classroom training, On-the-Job training and professional development sessions, through employment of a train-the-trainer model
- Administering the Center’s online learning system, currently hosted on the Articulate platform
- Hiring, training and supervising team members, including IMPaCT trainers and CHWs
- Designing new curriculum elements to support adaptation of IMPaCT to new populations (ex: maternity, pediatrics, incarcerated individuals)
- Assisting in sales and marketing efforts
- Implement Leading components of IMPaCT by:
- Training new CHWs and Managers at PCCHW and IMPaCT partner sites to effectively perform their roles, including use of our workflow and data management system, HOMEBASE
- Troubleshooting operations at partner sites to address suboptimal performance.
- Helping adapt IMPaCT manuals to partner sites
- Helping promote best practices and networking of IMPaCT Communities partners, including helping organize conferences and other coverings
- Participate in projects to design and build products that will allow for scale of the IMPaCT model. Work with the Chief Operating Officer and Strategy Officer to develop interactive, efficient, cost-effective and scalable version of current training methods. Serve as subject matter expert for the Center’s learning management system in HOMEBASE and working to ensure effective design, integration and maintenance of the program. Expand training content to new client types, including health professionals and healthcare administrators.
- Track and achieve program outcomes that have been identified as priorities. Participate in program evaluation and redesign to increase program effectiveness. Facilitate team meetings and support groups for patients and monitor progress by producing outcome reports. Conduct basic accounting for project expenses and program management.
- Implement IMPaCT for high-risk patients by following the IMPact manuals and protocols and accurately identifying patient root causes. Assist CHWs develop and create roadmaps, adjust time spent with patients as needed, and resolve any clinical solutions. Integrate CHWs in care teams operating at clinics or in the hospital and troubleshoot challenges with partners and provider agencies.
- Assist with staff development by defining work expectations for CHWs and Trainers on the team and conducting performance and appraisals annually. Recognize and reward individuals for a job well done and address performance issues immediately and directly. Assist CHWs in addressing challenges and skill defects.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 10+ years Experience with a track record of designing/facilitating trainings, supervising others, and developing and managing projects; Includes experience in clinical social work and/or case management with an excellent understanding of healthcare and social service systems
- Master of Arts or Science
- Social Work or Public Health preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE