Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Administrative Coordinator, Penn Primary Care
Job ID: 131181
Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
May 2, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Administrative Coordinator - Penn Primary Care provides support for the Physician Executive and Chief Administrative Officer for Penn Primary Care. Support includes, but is not limited to, communications management (creative writing for newsletters, announcements, PowerPoint), independent project work, complex calendar management, event planning and management, and demonstrated proficiency in software packages.
Calendar Management: schedules meetings, prepares documents/materials for meetings, promptly communicates schedule changes as they arise, distributed materials as requested, takes minutes as requested. Manages travel arrangements for meetings as required.
Advanced Communications Support: creates newsletters and other key documents for dissemination to a broad audience. Able to transform concept and basic words into graphic displays to showcase key concepts. Maintains on-line presence via SharePoint.
- Event Planning: participates in event planning activities, such as invitation management, catering, room identification and scheduling, event set up/cleanup activities, material preparations, and audio/visual tech needs. Troubleshoot event on day of event.
- General Communication: responds to all requests for information in a timely manner, communicates with all levels of the organization with professionalism, disseminates information to appropriate parties as requested.
- Project Coordination: assists leadership and key stakeholders in managing project steps and timeline to ensure successful completion of Primary Care goals and objectives.
- Critical Thinking: takes ownership of issues as they arise and troubleshoots for resolution. Works independently and proactively to address concerns raised - escalating issues to management as needed and appropriate.
- Document Preparation: in addition to meeting materials, drafts memos and letters, agreements, and other documents as requested. Will also generate reports, prepare PowerPoint slides, create charts/spreadsheets as needed.
- Organization: maintains clear, concise, and accurate filing systems to keep materials, information, and data up to date and easily reached.
- Office Support: processes various financial requests (reimbursements, invoices, etc.), receives and distributes mail; processes practice deposits on a rotation basis.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate's Degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Communications or similar field preferred
- 0-1+ years of of experience in creative writing for business required
- 3+ years of administrative office experience required; ideally in support roles for executive/senior leadership
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE