Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Medical Lab Technician- Core lab- Full time nights- Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 131493
Philadelphia, PA, United States
May 4, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
We are looking for a full time Medical Lab Technician to join our night shift team at Pennsylvania Hospital !
The Medical Lab Technician is responsible for performing appropriately requested analysis of laboratory on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease. Must adhere to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices. Maintain the required up to date documents required by various accreditation agencies. Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.
- Performs various tests, procedures, and protocols within the various departments of the clinical laboratory. Performs quality control and preventative maintenance as delegated by the Section Supervisor. Collects specimens by designated methods and techniques. Generally, functions to perform all routine tests following prescribed procedure.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs all standard laboratory procedures within a section following predetermined guidelines and procedures
- Understands and functions within the guidelines of the laboratories QC/PM Program.
- Follows and adjusts to pre-established methods of problem solving. Where unable to resolve a problem, will consult with the Section Head
- Completes daily assigned workload efficiently and within all regulatory guidelines
- Communicates with physicians and nursing staff in the transmission of results within the expected timelines
Other Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Has a knowledge of all procedures and methods with a section.
- Performs studies in designated sections as assigned.
- Collects samples using the bar-code labels of all varying types as required and assigned using prescribed techniques.
- Maintains a working inventory of daily operational supplies.
- Maintain necessary logs and records as determined within the section.
- Positively identifies, labels, and processes specimens.
- Adheres to all safety precautions and procedures within the laboratory.
- Responsible for general orderliness of the designated work area.
- Will demonstrate routine methods to new staff members as requested.
- May work variable or unscheduled shifts as requested.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE