This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 123191
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This highly responsible position provides extensive administrative support for the Division Director and faculty members of the Division of Anatomic Pathology. Under minimal supervision, this individual will need to use considerable judgment, creativity and analysis in designing, interpreting and implementing procedures, which emphasize expediency and responsiveness to effective decision making. Support includes but is not limited to independent project work, calendar management, document preparation/distribution, frequent and clear communication across department and entity, and demonstrated proficiency in software packages.
Department: Path Admin
Location: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3400 Spruce St
· Supports the Director of Anatomic Pathology and the overall Division of Anatomic Pathology in the day-to-day operations.
· Schedules and/or reschedules appointments, meetings and/or other activities effectively, meeting specifications while accommodating conflicts.
· Manages and maintains up-to-date calendars for Division Director with reminders and confirmation of appointments and meetings.
· Coordinates on-boarding, mentoring and Ongoing Professional Performance of faculty
· Coordinates faculty and trainee conferences schedules and CME accrediting.
· Supports department committees
· Coordinates mentoring committee meetings for junior faculty
· Sets up, organizes, and maintains orderly files and record keeping systems.
· Ensures that all the incoming and outgoing correspondence and communication of the Division of Anatomic Pathology are timely and accurate.
· Travel & reservations - make business travel and hotel reservations for the Director
· Expense reimbursements - timely and accurate submission of reimbursement requests
o Review with person submitting request to assure accurate documentation
· Timely and accurate submission of check requests
o Follow up when payments are not received
· Event planning
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Knowledge of other software packages
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· H.S. Diploma/GED required
· Minimum of 5 years high level administrative assistant role
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.