Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Our Acute Rehabilitation Unit is a 17 bed unit located on the fourth floor of Penn Medicine Princeton Health, a leading teaching hospital and state-designated Primary Stroke Center. Our Acute Rehabilitation Unit is one of only 10 inpatient hospital programs in New Jersey to hold the CARF Accreditation distinction.
- The Speech-Language Pathologist provides speech, language and dysphagia services in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the American Speech Language Hearing Association, the Licensure Board of New Jersey and the Bylaws of the Princeton HealthCare System. Speech-Language Pathology practice involves the examination, evaluation, treatment and instruction of patients and their family members for the prevention, habilitation, and rehabilitation of speech, language, learning, processing, cognition and swallowing disorders. Such practice includes but is not limited to the infants, children and adults with disorders in aphasia, articulation, auditory processing, dysfluency, dysphagia, foreign accent, hearing impairment, language impairment, laryngectomy, learning disability, memory disorder, neurogenic disorders, oral-motor dysfunction, and vocal pathology.
- Evaluates clinical findings to determine rehab diagnosis and outcomes of care; Designs a plan of care that integrates the goals, treatment, outcomes and discharge plan.Performs interventions in a competent manner assessing the response to care. Adapts delivery of care to reflect respect and sensitivity to individual differences; Performs reassessments as necessary. Assesses needs for other services. Documents care given within the designated time frames in the EMR and hands off problems and resolutions to the case manager and the team. Incorporates an understanding of economic factors in the delivery of services and maintains compliance with productivity standards of the department as specified in the staffing plan. Demonstrates competency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological, and social needs. Competent in age specific knowledge and skills. Understands age-related growth and development levels. Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/ staff, within and outside the department to develop means of enhancing patient care and services. Implements a self-directed plan for professional development and lifelong learning. Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures. Uses support personnel according to ethical and legal guidelines. Maintains confidentiality as per standards. Professionally represents the PHCS during interactions with suppliers, committee, new employees, and students. Plans and implements in-service and continuing educational activities to meet identified learning needs and performance improvement initiatives. Participating in staff education activities and providing consultation to facility personnel Performs a patient examination in a technically competent manner. Performs skilled services. Uses sound judgment and follows established standards of practice independently.
• Master’s Degree in Speech Therapy - required
Related Work Experience
• Two (2) to four (4) years working as an Speech Therapist - preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Licensed in the state of NJ as a Speech Therapist - required
• Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification - required
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• GG Code Certification preferred
• Computer Literacy
• High Physical Strength, Agility and Stamina
• Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.