Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN EEG Technologist - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 130333
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under a physician's direction, the technologist performs adult/neonatal EEG studies. The technologist is responsible for: explaining the test procedure to the patient, applying all recording, monitoring and stimulating electrodes, recognizing and eliminating artifact, calibrating all equipment used and troubleshooting and correcting malfunctions, selecting appropriate amplifier settings and obtaining quality data. The technologist must provide technical descriptions of EEG studies.
- Knowledge of neuro-anatomy and physiology, basic electronics, and electrical safety, general EEG instrumentation pattern, recognition, and various medical and pharmacological conditions that influence the EEG.
- Verifies patient, physician's orders and gathers appropriate information form chart and/or interviews the patient/caregiver to provide accurate history.
- Check all equipment for proper function, inventory, operation, and cleanliness including corrections of malfunctions.
- Records EEG according to standards of the laboratory including the 10-20 system; provides initial interpretation of results and communicates urgent findings immediately with Epilepsy physicians.
- Reviews EEG files and saves appropriate sections for physician review which may include clipping and pruning for long term monitoring (LTM).
- Educates ICU nurses and other hospital personnel regarding basic equipment functioning and electrode removal techniques.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for patient testing and maintaining communication across the inpatient units.
- Responsible for billing accuracy.
- Participates in teaching conferences and technical meetings. Maintains CEUs/Credentials.
- Responsible for adhering to State & Federal regulations and successful compliance of these regulatory agencies.
- BCLS required.
- Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.EEG T.) Must achieve registry in EEG within 2 years of hire required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
- Completion of an accredited EEG school program OR 3+ years of prior EEG work experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE