Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Mental Health Associate- Princeton House Wing 5 at Penn Medicine Princeton Health (Part Time Evening
Job ID: 132573
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2022
Work Schedule: 3p-11:30p
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Part-time Evening Shift Mental Health Associated to join the PMPH PHBH inpatient department Wing 5.
- Assists primary therapists/group therapists in providing direct care to individuals and groups, may be asked to take an active role in managing crises involving therapeutic holds.
- Clinical Competency
- Demonstrate clinical competency in the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet the psychological and social needs for the patient population.
- Conduct group psycho-educational interventions under the guidance and direction of the clinical supervisor or licensed team member.
- Document each treatment session in accordance with Princeton House documentation standards.
- Maintain a Safe and Therapeutic Milieu
- Clearly communicate expectations to patients
- Enforce program rules
- Anticipate clinical escalations and use verbal de-escalation techniques with patients to avoid physical harm to patients and staff
- Safely execute Handle with Care techniques and therapeutic holds with children when appropriate
- Treatment Team Member
- Attend daily treatment rounds, providing input to and being receptive to input from other members of the treatment team.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the multidisciplinary treatment plan.
- Identify changes in the patients' clinical status and communicate to the appropriate member of the treatment team.
- Performance Improvement
- Support caring customer service goals by interacting professionally and respectfully with patients, families, and staff in performance of daily duties
- Support performance improvement plan of department (e.g. promoting positive relationships to enhance patient satisfaction, ensuring patient safety by alertness to environmental or clinical situations which could result in events).
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid driver’s license in employee's state of residence with a record in good standing with the State of NJ Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for health care providers certification from American Heart Association (AHA) required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree, in a Social Science preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE