Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Respiratory Therapist I - HUP- Night Shift- $15,000 Sign on Bonus
Job ID: 133678
Category: Respiratory Therapy
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 16, 2022
Work Schedule: Night Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients. Respiratory Care Practitioners shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient. The RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural, educational, and age-specific needs of the patient. The Respiratory Care Practitioner complies with all rules and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies. The RCP shall complete continuing education to maintain compliance with the State of Pennsylvania licensure regulations and credentialing compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) to maintain active credentials. Incumbents must be registered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) within 1 year of entering this job. Promotion to Level II is automatic upon registration by the NBRC.
- RCP practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to provide respiratory care to patients.
- RCP shall maintain population specific competence to care for the neonate through geriatric patient.
- RCP demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on the physical, cultural educational and age-specific needs of the patient. Demonstrates sound judgment characterized by response based & proactive practice. Performs systemic patient assessment relevant to practice setting.
- Performs assessment in consideration of patient progress towards goals.
- Interprets & integrates data from various sources into plan of care.
- Refers to evidence-based principles & clinical practice guidelines to ensure application of appropriate therapy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of care provided & adapts care based on patient response. Recognizes changes in patient condition which requires a change in the plan of care.
- Initiates preventative measures to avoid potential problems. Demonstrates competence in clinical modalities/procedures per Respiratory Policy/Procedure manual. Recognizes & addresses clinical concerns to ensure patient safety.
- Respiratory Therapist (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferred
- H.S. Diploma/GED Required
- 0-1 years Clinical Experience
Graduate of Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) accredited Respiratory Care program.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE