Job ID: 131787
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
May 18, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Performs diversified duties of considerable responsibility under minimal supervision. Responsible for processing FPPE (Focused Professional Practice Evaluation) and OPPE (Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation. Responsible tfor Peer Review including Leadership Council, PPE (Professional Practice evaluation) and CPE (Committee for Professional Enhancement).
1. Processes FPPE for new medical and allied professional staff.
2. Processes and tracks FPPE for additional privileges and cause. Works with Section chiefs and Department chairs to complete FPPE forms and procedures for FPPE according to the Medical Staff bylaws and FPPE policy.
3. Processes OPPE for Medical and Allied professional staff according to bylaws and OPPE policy. Works with Collaborating/Supervising physicians for Allied professional staff for completion of OPPE and Section Chiefs and Department Chairs for Medical Staf OPPE.
4. Analyzes OPPE for specific indicators for each specialty. Works with Section chiefs and Department Chairs to select clinical indicators for OPPE evaluation.
5. Works with the Director to ensure timely action is taken for FPPE and OPPE.
6. Coordinates with Information systems, Performance Improvement, Quality and others for OPPE indicator selection, benchmarking and resources available for OPPE.
7. Processes reports via HIM and Pennchart for volumes for OPPE and FPPE.
8. Places FPPE on Credentials and Executive committee agendas. Prepares letters and follow up to providers regarding FPPE and OPPE.
9. Updates FPPE and OPPE polices as needed.
10. Sends OPPE indicators to Executive committee for review annually.
11. Works with Director and CMO with the Professional Practice Evaluation “Peer Review" Project for implementation of policies and procedures to identify individual practice trends that may impact quality of care and patient safety. Identification of negative trends for physician's practice within the hospital or affiliated outpatient facilities..
12. Follows flow chart procedures for PPE. Works with Department Chairs for PPE processes.
13. Follows review process for concerns regarding professional conduct.
14. Works with Director and CMO regarding the Leadership Council composition, duties and reporting. Coordinates meetings, agendas, prepares minutes and works with Leadership council regarding clinical and behavioral concerns. Coordinates follow ups to CPE when needed. Follows flowchart for PPE.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains practitioners address changes for PHO and PHCS updates.
2. Orders office supplies and stationary supplies for department.
1. Coordinates and schedules monthly and annual meetings, to include reserving meeting room, sending meeting notices, ordering catering and arranging for other needs of the meeting not to exceed six calendar days before the meeting.
2. Assures confidentiality of all matters relating to operation of the Medical Staff Office.
3. Shares phone call responsibility and makes any appropriate referrals; delivers mail to physicians mailboxes when necessary
4. Maintains positive rapport with physicians and their staff and responds efficiently to their requests.
Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregiver/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High School Diploma/GED Required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.