Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
OBGYN Administrative Coordinator - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 134571
Philadelphia, PA, United States
May 19, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The OB GYN Program Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the OB GYN department and OB GYN quality program. The program coordinator reports to the OB GYN department chair and works collaboratively with others in the CPUP and PMMG OB GYN departments. The program coordinator functions as a liaison between the OB GYN department and other hospital departments and divisions. Responsible for all administrative duties for Chairman and other leaders in the organization. Provide clerical support for OB GYN providers and staff. Support all volume, revenue, physician and service line data retrieval and analysis. Handle all patient billing inquires. Perform monthly revenue testing, budget variances, quality data collection and CDM management.
- Quality/Safety - Actively participates in performance improvement and continues quality improvement activities. Perform all data collection and analysis for quality and performance improvement projects for the division. Assist with the preparation of quality presentations
- Regulatory – Maintains current knowledge of CMS, DOH, and TJC requirements.
- Patient/Staff Satisfaction - Demonstrates Professionalism within the framework of Patient- Centered Care. Demonstrates Teamwork by displaying a cooperative relationship with co·workers by consistently treating others with respect and always using open and honest communication. Collects and distributes patient outpatient satisfaction data for each department modality on a monthly and quarterly basis. Coordinates and assists with new physician and staff on-boarding and orientation. • Education- Possess knowledge of the general operations of the OB GYN department and is able to answer questions/ concerns those needing assistance. Attend annual training related quality and performance improvement.
- Operations – Oversees the day-to day operations of the OB GYN department. Organizes and plans all OB GYN events within the department. Serves at the point of contact in the OB GYN administrative suite. Creates vendormate appointments in the system for the chair of OB GYN. Schedules and records meeting minutes for all OB GYN meetings. Manages the scheduling of the OB GYN conference room for the hospital. Places all office supply orders for the department. Coordinates and schedules environmental and engineering services as needed. Maintains appointment calendar for the Chair of OB GYN. Provides general clerical support for department.
- Fiscal – Coordinates and assists with annual budgeting for the OB GYN department. Coordinates and assists with monthly variance reports for the OB GYN department. Create executive summaries for capital improvement projects and new program developments which include ROI analysis and volume projections. Creates check request for purchases. Creates and submits requests for purchases. Prepares and distributes monthly volume statistics for OB GYN. Perform monthly revenue testing and charge reconciliation. Support all volume, revenue, physician and service line data retrieval and analysis.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Allied Health or related field and 2+ years Experience as a Program/Administrative Coordinator required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE