Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Unit Secretary - Princeton House Wing 6 at Penn Medicine Princeton Health(Part Time Day)
Job ID: 134653
PT 20+ HOURS
Princeton, NJ, United States
May 19, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Princeton House Behavioral Health is searching for a Part-time Day shift Unit Secretary for our Princeton, NJ location on Wing 6.
- The unit secretary provides clerical support to the clinical staff on the unit.
- Organizes and maintains unit files, patient's charts, and performs routine office/ unit tasks.
- Is responsible assisting in processing the proper completion of admission, discharge, and transfer paperwork and processes.
- Answers telephone calls professionally, pleasantly, and relays messages efficiently.
- Maintains, organizes, and assures the availability of nursing, patient, and unit supplies. Replenishes supplies in a timely manner.
- Maintains/ organizes patient medical record, restocks with paper, labeling, etc.
- Continually develops clerical expertise through attendance at staff development programs pertinent to job functions.
- Maintains a pleasant and professional attitude to patients, visitors, and staff.
- Mentors new employees during the orientation process.
- Supports excellent customer service goals, performance improvement initiatives of the Princeton Health Care System and collaborates with other staff to enhance patient care and services.
- Maintains standards for confidentiality.
- Participates in unit required staff meeting and the completion of unit specific competencies.
- Attends in-services and education programs to enhance knowledge.
- Maintains the nurse's station in a clean and orderly manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in ensuring unit compliance as related to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in all safety related procedures, e.g. codes, drills per policy.
- Assists in orienting new Unit Secretaries to their duties and responsibilities on the unit.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical assistant certification preferred.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid driver's license.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Clerical experience in a medical/ psychiatric setting preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE