Job ID: 133968
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 19, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
- The Department of Psychiatry is looking to hire a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner for their Ambulatory practice.
- The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner functions in all instances as a Clinician responsible for providing and overseeing the psychiatric and medical assessment and care of patients receiving service within the Penn Outpatient Psychiatric Clinic (OPC).
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Assessment of acute psychiatric conditions in patients.
- Treating individuals with various psychiatric conditions.
- Providing psychiatric care in a diverse setting, preferably in both hospitals and primary care practices and in the academic setting.
- Teaching techniques.
- Graduate of an NLN-approved school of nursing. RN & CRNP licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- BSN & MSN Required
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Mental Health board certification is preferred.
- Prior nursing experience in specialty is preferable.
- Must qualify for prescription authority in PA.
- Successfully credentialed by the University of Pennsylvania, Office of Medical Affairs prior to hire date
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.