Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 133905
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Staff Chaplain provides spiritual care in the manner consistent with Penn Medicine Hospital University of Pennsylvania's mission, vision and values.
- Committed to respecting the dignity, faith tradition, culture and/or philosophical world view of each individual, loved ones and staff, chaplains support and guide the spiritual climate of the entity. The foundation of the Chaplain services is the spirit of inclusiveness. Additionally, when requested, the Staff Chaplain will facilitate communication and connection between individuals and their religious/spiritual communities.
- Provide spiritual care for patients, loved ones and staff.
- Respond to requests for spiritual support in a timely manner.
- Fulfill regulatory requirements for spiritual assessment and documentation.
- Conduct special event and emergency interfaith services and support when needed.
- Participate in the offering of worship opportunities, meeting ritual and sacramental needs.
- Participate in interdisciplinary health care teams as assigned, providing insights regarding patients’ spiritual and religious needs to the care team.
- Participate in team meetings and rounds.
- Serve on institutional committees as appointed.
- Promote an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care.
- Participate in maintenance of proper administrative procedures for the department in accordance with institutional policy.
- Assist in coordinating community clergy and religious visitors.
- Record spiritual care in EMR to effectively communicate with all members of the patient care team.
- Participate in the department’s continuous quality improvement process.
- Provide spiritual support and consultation for emergency command center.
- Contribute to the wider community through research, publication and teaching as requested.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Participate in regular professional development activities.
- Participate in regular supervision.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- from recognized institution
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Divinity, from recognized institution
- Other (Required)
- CPE in Pastoral/Spiritual Care
2+ years Practice in pastoral care preferred and experience working in pluralistic setting
Must be certified by and in good standing with the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care, American Association of Pastoral Counselors, or the National Association of Jewish Chaplains. Certification required within 1 year of hire.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE