This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 135731
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Night Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Tech to work the night shift within the Core lab.
Join Penn Medicine Princeton- Our friendly, accomplished team of enthusiastic Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians welcomes you to join us in our state of the art Clinical Laboratory located on our beautiful Princeton NJ hospital campus. Working alongside our talented professionals you will have the opportunity to share and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of laboratory medicine, sharing in our tuition reimbursement program, as well as many additional benefits. Working within the Core Lab will allow you to exercise and enhance your skills inChemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Apply and join us as we advance the field of Laboratory Science together.
• To perform complex study procedures within the clinical section assigned. Must be capable of competing assigned tasks using complicated automated instrumentation and techniques. Work independently with attention to detail to interpret complex test results and resolve instrument and/or serologic problems. Performs all duties in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements. Must also perform special responsibilities as assigned by the Section Supervisor involving the QC/PM Programs.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
• Bachelor’s degree in chemical, biological or laboratory science/medical technology science required
Related Work Experience
• Recent experience in a laboratory setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• MT (ASCP or NCA), MLS(ASCP), or previously qualified as Medical Technologist prior to 2/28/92 under 42CFR493.1427 (3/14/90) REQUIRED.
• If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Proven ability to work with related complex automated instrumentation
• Required to function with complex automated instrumentation and report results in writing and by telephone.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.