This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 135732
Category: Medical Laboratory/Pathology
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Evening Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is currently seeking a full-time Med Lab Tech to work the evening shift within the Core lab.
Join Penn Medicine Princeton- Our friendly, accomplished team of enthusiastic Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians welcomes you to join us in our state of the art Clinical Laboratory located on our beautiful Princeton NJ hospital campus. Working alongside our talented professionals you will have the opportunity to share and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of laboratory medicine, sharing in our tuition reimbursement program, as well as many additional benefits. Working within the Core Lab will allow you to exercise and enhance your skills in Chemistry, Hematology and Blood Bank. Apply and join us as we advance the field of Laboratory Science together.
• Performs various tests, procedures, and protocols within the various departments of the clinical laboratory. Performs quality control and preventative maintenance as delegated by the Section Supervisor. Collects specimens by designated methods and techniques. Generally, functions to perform all routine tests following prescribed procedure.
*HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE - UP TO $10K*- COMPETITVE NEW RATES!
• Assocaite's degree in chemical, biological or laboratory science/medical technology science required
Related Work Experience
• 1-3 years of clinical experience preferred. Exposure to all clinical lab departments preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Must be MLT certified (ASCP or NCA) or eligible for certification
• If candidate does not possess ASCP certification, they must be eligible to take the exam within 6 months of hire.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Proven ability to work with related complex automated instrumentation
• Required to function with complex automated instrumentation and report results in writing and by telephone.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.