Job ID: 135513
Philadelphia, PA, United States
May 25, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Coordinator Medical Education is responsible for the daily departmental, operational and financial management of the accredited/non-accredited residency/fellowship training programs. The Coordinator Medical Education ensures that regulatory and accreditation standards are met, supports accreditation processes, including coordinating and actively participating in site visits, develops and maintains documentation and provides guidance to program leaders, faculty and staff. Additionally, this person creates evaluation reports needed to identify areas for improvements, and compiles and submits accurate reports to accrediting bodies and other professional organizations, as required. The Coordinator Medical Education will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external residency program relations.
Additional Information for this Role
The Residency Program Coordinator(RPC) will provide administrative support to the Program Director of Emergency Medicine, work under the supervision of the Program Director and Assistant Program Directors to help coordinate the essential functions of the Emergency Medicine residency program, and, in coordination with the undergraduate medical education group, oversee the scheduling of student rotations and lectures. Additionally, the RPC will manage the scheduling coordination of off service rotations and didactics.
• Independently manages day-to-day activities and initiatives of program, including clinical rotations, didactic activities, in conjunction with program polices and regulations
• Update and maintain residency program data in MedHub, GME Track, ABA, RTID, FREIDA, NRMP, and ERAS; Provides reporting related to accreditation, education activities and program requirements
• Serves as primary administrative liaison with the GME office and other support offices to ensure continued program compliance; attends monthly GME coordinator conferences to remain current on policies and regulations.
• Develops and implements new processes and assesses current protocols
• Maintains advanced knowledge of ACGME requirements and regulations as well as Penn Medicine GME and OMA policies
• Facilitates equipment ordering, trainee reimbursement process, professionally related education expenditures and division related invoices.
• Coordinates functions relating to house staff on-boarding, licensing, orientation and trainings, rotations and compliance.
• Establishes program specific policies and procedures for candidate recruitment; facilitates residency interviews
• Coordinates Graduation and year end and alumni reporting for Residents and Fellows.
• Maintains proficiency in MedHub trainee management suite, ensures data is complete, accurate and up to date; generates various reports as requested.
• Coordinates divisional continuing medical education series
• Coordinates divisional undergraduate medical education including URiM visiting students
• Assists in the fiscal oversight of the education program operational budget.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Organization Development, or related field
And 3+ years Graduate Medication Education or Executive Level Administration.
In lieu of completion of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates with 7+ years of total relevant experience will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.