Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Experienced Women's Health Nurse Practitioner - General Ob/Gyn (Dickens Center)
Job ID: 136197
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: May 31, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is in search of a Per Diem Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) and they will have a mixed schedule between General OB and GYN patients. This position will be located at the Helen O. Dickens Center in the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- All CRNPs function under the guidelines as designed by the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center medical staff guidelines and are credentialed through that body. The CRNP will be held accountable through a formal job description, delineation of privileges, and through their agreement with their collaborating physician and a Collaborative Practice Agreement. All clinical work hours and associated requirements will be defined and managed under the direction of the collaborating physician/division designee, and within the Human Resource guidelines.
- The Nurse Practitioner contributes to excellence in education, leadership, professional contribution and practice.
- Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence based practice standards in collaboration with team.
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatments, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Identifies self properly to the patient and family, and clarifies the role of the nurse practitioner if necessary.
- The nurse practitioner should function within their scope and refer to the collaborating physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the collaborating physician or when requested by the patient and/or family. Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and collaborative agreement.
- Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support.
- Provide patient education, counseling and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventative care.
- Participate in and support accreditation, compliance and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Precept NP students and other health care learners.
- Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ACLS (For providers in the acute care setting) required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association (For providers in the ambulatory setting) required
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- PA and/or NJ CRNP licensure (CRNP) required.
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- PA and/or NJ Prescriptive Authority required.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA and/or NJ RN licensure (RN) required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Science Nursing (Required)
- Master's Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice(DNP) in Nursing required and > 2.5 years of experience, The CRNP must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
National Board Certification required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE