Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Radiology Supervisor - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 134269
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 1, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In conjunction with the Director of Radiology, provides leadership, administrative support and management for the department. Works in collaborative partnership with the division's clinical leadership, nursing, providers and other clinical staff. Promotes and insures that the highest quality of care is provided to patients and families in the department.
- Responsible for the coordination of all operational responsibilities for the department. Coordinates all aspects impacting patient care and procedures in the department. Ensures compliance with patient care quality and safety standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups. Maintains and participates in performance improvement activities. Assure competency of all personnel. Maintains efficient and effective section operation while requiring compliance with all TJC, state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. The responsibilities of this position include collaborating with the other Supervisors within radiology to develop and manage all aspects of patient care, personnel, fiscal and material resources.
- Quality/Safety - Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for Patient and Employee safety. Demonstrates an awareness of patient/employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position. Actively participates in performance improvement and continues quality improvement activities. Initiates and actuates improved methods of services and directs their implementation. Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and the use ofequipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, bums and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Regulatory – Ensure the department is meeting all regulatory/accreditation requirements regardless of source such as CMS, DOH, TJC, or other accrediting bodies.
- Patient/Staff Satisfaction - Demonstrates Professionalism within the framework of Patient- Centered Care. Demonstrates Teamwork by displaying a cooperative relationship with coworkers by consistently treating others with respect and always using open and honest communication. Demonstrates Patient-Centered Care by showing courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect in all interactions with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Supports ongoing improvement of client satisfaction.
- Education- Possess knowledge of procedures performed in the department and is able to answer questions/ concerns the patient or family may have. Supervises and teaches radiology students. Identifies education, training and development needs necessary to achieve section performance objectives and goals. Provides staff education with an emphasis on the organizational quality improvement program.
- Operations - Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Responsible for producing high quality procedures. Ensure that all of the equipment have the most current diagnostic protocols loaded. Monitors and holds staff accountable regarding compliance and following protocols and best practices.
- Clinical – Instructs and prepares patients for examinations. Assesses patient's understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures. Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in patient's conditions during exam. Produces adequate studies in an efficient manner. Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric and general population. Adheres to department protocols/procedures
- Leadership – Interacts professionally and effectively communicates with peers, physicians, patients, visitors and guests. Participates in programs/committees beneficial to department improvement. Conducts regular staff meetings, including staff of all shifts. Completes documentation of all meetings. Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions. Promotes effective intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Fiscal Controls – Establishing/maintaining fiscal controls to maximize the utilization of Service’s physical, financial (expense & revenue) and human resources through standardized budget development/implementation, variance reporting, and charge capture review
- Current Licensure in relevant modality - ARRT, ARMRIT, ARDMS, or NMTCB
- Certification/s in field of expertise or practice
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required) in Business, Allied Health or related field.
- 3+ years Experience as a Team Lead, Supervisor, Manager, or Administrator of an Allied Health Department required.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE