Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Physician Relations Liaison
Job ID: 133121
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 1, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Physician Liaison is primarily responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and sales plan to grow referrals from providers and/or physician practices (employed and community based) to Penn Medicine programs. The physician liaison is the primary face of Penn Medicine to referring providers and is responsible for increasing loyalty and preference to Penn Medicine. Responsibilities include understanding key referral relationships, and referring provider needs, and building and supporting relationships, coordinating and acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring practices.
- Builds, supports and strengthens Penn Medicine and Princeton Medicine relationships with referring providers. Identifies and builds new business opportunities within both Princeton Medicine Physician group as well as Princeton Healthcare system and Penn Medicine. Enhances lines of communication between referring physicians and Penn Medicine Princeton Medicine Physician specialists. Regularly engages referring providers in increasing meaningful engagement with the goals to build new business, establish new relationships and strengthen existing relationships. Uses a variety of tools including but not limited to clinical and programmatic education materials, articles/research reprints, service line materials, etc. to further engage providers
- Is recognized by internal stakeholders as a field expert, important for inclusion for network and program development. A highly thought of resource for providing information about referring physicians for Marketing, Service Line, Leadership, Providers and Administrators. Aggregates and shares intelligence and opportunities in a way that facilitates and encourages discussion and opportunities for improvement
- Uses advanced skills at accessing and interpreting data from multiple sources in order to gleam insight to inform strategy, messaging and other opportunities on a regular basis. Uses territory management, call planning and routing to create effective sales plan. Uses sales strategies and techniques to drive volume to specific areas of PMPH focus and to uncover new business opportunities for the system. Develop and implement sales plans to include goals for volume growth for identified areas, specialties and programs.
- Integrates referring physician marketing strategies into sales plans to build business (meet and greets for new providers and when applicable , CME programs and physician roundtables).
- Majority of outreach activity types are Liaison to Provider and Provider to Provider. Consistently utilizes the PRM with daily entry of Physician Outreach activity, issues and opportunities. Strengthen Physician Relations, increase opportunities for collaboration, move market share through enhanced referral networks, increase revenue and build provider awareness so Penn Medicine Princeton Health and Princeton Health Physicians is the system of choice.
- Identifying providers and practices that are looking to grown in terms of additional space, recruitment of providers or increasing new patients. Relaying of information of practices who meet the above criteria to leadership for the purposes of further investigation and connection to resources that may further assist them with growth objectives.
- Benchmark PMPH services and physicians to other area hospitals services and physicians. Investigation and reporting of what the area competition is offering. Responsible for communicating any market changes and strategic opportunities that are discovered.
- Act as a liaison for customer service issues that arise within our client bases. Ongoing communication with site-specific staff regarding customer service issues and needs. Attendance and participation in Practice Managers organization, contributing to the growth and satisfaction of services to this group
- Preparation of reports as needed utilizing the PRM platform along with other platforms that provide market analysis.
- Contribute to the Sales Strategy and objectives, development of sales plans and implementation for designated territory/area.
- Participation in trainings, and sales training programs as required
- Participation in Monthly Practice Manager meetings as designated by the Director of Physician Alignment, contributing to the growth and satisfaction of hospital services to this group.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree required
Medical and/or Pharmaceutical/Device sales experience required
2-4 year Related experience required (5-8 years preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE