Job ID: 133513
Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Jun 1, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for the Peri-operative period and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. Registered Nurses are accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time. The Registered Nurses will effectively transition the plan of care with attention to continuity across shifts and settings. The Registered Nurse will assure communication between patients, families and all members of the health care team. The Registered Nurse delegates and functions in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations.
The Cardiac Catherization Registered Nurse is responsible for:
• Scrub and circulate in diagnostic cardiac catheterizations as well as percutaneous coronary interventions
• Able to administer moderate sedation during the procedure
• Monitor patients' sedation levels during and after the procedure
• Prepare patients for procedures
• Administer medications pre, inta and post procedure
• Familiar and administering IV emergency medications and drips
• Assist in the diagnosis of heart disease of the heart muscle, valves, or coronary arteries
• Perform patient examinations pre and post-catheterization
• Perform procedures like implantation of temporary pacemakers, balloon angioplasty, and stent placement
• Monitor and document vital signs including arterial lines and pressures
• Educate patients on medications, healthy lifestyle, and how to care for the surgical site before discharging them
• Utilize the EMR and maintain meticulous documentation of procedures
Competent to use:
Intra-aortic balloon pump
Philips XPER hemodynamic monitoring system
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
Related Work Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.