Job ID: 136756
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 2, 2022
Work Schedule: Day Shift- PRN
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Penn Home Infusion Therapy Team, assumes 24-hour accountability for the Penn Home Infusion Therapy nursing care. This includes the coordination of patient's admission for home infusion services in a smooth, systematic process involving arranging care with Infusion Clinicians or Schedulers and contracted nursing agencies. Acts as a liaison for care coordination with staff within the organization or with outside agencies including case managers. Manages the patient's clinical care from the time of referral to discharge of the patient from our services.
• Oversees that care coordination is being provided through participation in inter-disciplinary case conferences, that patient status information is communicated to both internal and external staff (nursing and pharmacy) as well as to external nursing agencies, and that information is documented and care plans and orders are updated.
• Ensures current and accurate communications with physicians, outside nursing agencies, and any additional health care providers in a coordinated manner (i.e. - outside case managers).
• Assists with the development, review and revision of policies/procedures to assure compliance with practice and regulatory standards.
• Utilizes nursing visits, personnel, supplies and equipment in an efficient and cost effective manner.
• Participates in the evaluation of patient satisfaction surveys and/or data collection and assists in the development of action plans to address the same.
• In collaboration with the Penn Home Infusion Therapy staff, creates a positive work environment that enhances quality care delivery.
• Demonstrates an awareness of patient/ employee safety when carrying out daily responsibilities of their position.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- 3+ years progressive nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills in community health nursing.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.