Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director, Environmental Services
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 137321
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm, M-F
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Director of Environmental Services is the primary contact for any issue related to EVS for the management of Pennsylvania Hospital, including senior leadership, peer directors, and care unit management staff. Focus of the Director is towards assuring quality control, patient satisfaction and positive staff relations. This position reports to the Senior Director of Facilities.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Environmental Services Department. Responsible for successfully coordinating and supporting all activities of the department including ultimate financial responsibility by management of the WOR. Works with all levels of the facility staff in all matters relating to the cleanliness of the facility. Ensures hospital meets all Joint Commission (TJC), CMS, OSHA and DOH codes, standards and guidelines. Results are shown in HCAHPS, Press Ganey and other patient satisfaction metrics.
- Budget / Financial Responsibilities: including accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics Controls expenses within area of responsibility, develops and recommends department operating budget, ensures that department operates within budget, and evaluates and justifies supplies, equipment and purchases as needed.
- Customer Relations: ensures patient and staff needs are met, and demonstrates good / effective communication skills. Participate and add value to hospital committees, meetings, activities (i.e. Infection Control, Environment of Care Committees). Works with other Facilities departments, while providing recommendations for replacement of furnishings and wall coverings with OSHA standards in mind.
- Operational Excellence: Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performance plans, acts as a positive role model; proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives, and coordinates housekeeping activities with other hospital departments. Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in an orderly condition. Understands and develops the Total Quality Management Process and conducts formal and informal rounding the facility. Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
- People Management: Demonstrates understanding and competency in interviewing candidates for openings. Coaching management and hourly employees. Encourages and nurtures associate creativity and innovation through coaching and active management. Encourage staff to participate in additional training, education, and/or self development. Maintains a harassment free environment with good employee morale by demonstrating good employee relations practices and utilizing HR consultation when needed.
- Administration: Develop and maintain performance appraisals for staff on a timely and accurate basis. Keeps all levels of administration informed of activities, needs or concerns. Maintains records and statistics for administrative and regulatory purposes. Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates and promotes the Pennsylvania Hospital culture, values and management philosophy.
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM from IFMA) - Preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 10+ years of progressive leadership in Environmental Services, or closely related field
Certified Facility Manager (CFM from IFMA).
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in written formal and oral presentations from hourly staff to CEO level.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities. X Ability to maintain organization and control in an ever-changing environment.
- Must exhibit self-initiative, accountability, flexible and good leadership skills as well as political savvy.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Must understand and conceptualize working knowledge of EVS to meet established goals and objectives.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE