Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 133169
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Jun 3, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Penn Center for Community Health Workers is a national center of excellence for CHW research, patient care and dissemination. Our IMPaCT model, which has been featured in Forbes, National Public Radio and the New York Times, is proven to improve primary care access, chronic disease control, and mental health while reducing hospital days by 65%. Our program has served more than 15,000 people in Philadelphia, and more than 50 organizations across 20 states are using our model, making it the most widely disseminated CHW program in the country.
- Our business is growing and we are seeking a Financial Analyst to support our finance and business operations. The ideal candidate is analytical, enjoys working with numbers, has some accounting experience and is very detailed oriented with strong communication skills. In this position, you will report to the Director of Client Support Services and Business Development, support the organizations' financial operations and provide our leadership team with information for operational and strategic decision-making.
Finance and Accounting
- Generate monthly/quarterly invoices in accordance with contract terms and record revenue generated and recognized monthly
- Track, accrue and monitor monthly expenses
- Coordinate with the University’s Grant oversight team to manage our grant awards and reporting
- Post cash receipts, manage Accounts Receivable and follow up with customers and reconcile accounts as needed
- Conduct monthly and year end closings and revenue and expense variance analyses with oversight from Director of Client Services
- Develop annual budget and forecasts with the leadership team, for submission to Corporate Accounting
- Track contract progress, status and monitor approval processes
- Prepare financial analyses as needed to inform pricing decisions, model business opportunities and support business development and management decisions
- Manage customer databases/spreadsheets in support of sales needs
- Support and administer the Mavenlink project tracking system
- Support Business development KPI calculations and tracking
- Oversee and coordinate technology needs and current systems
- Provide communications and public relations support – coordinate and manage PR campaigns with corporate PR
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor 's degree required; preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- 3-5 years of accounting, finance, bookkeeping experience with knowledge of GAAP
- Experience with accounting software systems – QuickBooks and/or Lawson a plus (or similar)
- Experience with systems implementation and maintenance a plus
- Strong interpersonal, math, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Service products accounting experience a plus
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE