Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Director Facilities - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 138011
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director of Facilities will be responsible for providing operational oversight for all aspects of maintaining the Pennsylvania Hospital (PAH) campus physical plant and interfacing/coordinating with corporate resources and contracted services for the maintenance and upkeep of all hospital/ambulatory buildings and spaces. The scope includes, but is not limited to: engineering, grounds, security, safety, emergency management, environmental services, furniture/equipment, space requests/utilization, building flow, parking, pedestrian/auto traffic, capital requests and project management. This position will ensure all spaces meet regulatory, quality, and infectious disease standards incorporating evidence based findings, nationally recognized professional standards and other relevant data into all policies, procedures, and plans governing clinical care and clinical services.
- The Senior Director of Facilities will provide strategic oversight for PAH Campus Master Planning, PAH Capital Project oversight, and Strategic Planning in collaboration with internal PAH and Service Line leadership, Physicians, Key Regional Leaders, and other stakeholders related to clinical program planning, safety, regulatory, and other initiatives.
- The Senior Director of Facilities will serve as an invited advisor to the PAH Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. This position will collaborate and coordinate all capital/space intensive projects and building maintenance with Penn Medicine Corporate Real Estate and Design. This position will collaborate and align all PAH emergency management and safety with Penn Medicine Corporate EM/Safety strategies and processes.
- Provide strategic leadership for Engineering, Environmental Services, Security, Safety, Emergency Management and Parking, in conjunction with corporate service partners and peer departments throughout the health system.
- Provide strategic oversight for PAH Campus Master Planning, PAH Capital Project oversight, and Strategic Planning in collaboration with internal PAH and Service Line leadership, Physicians, Key Regional Leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Provide leadership for Master Planning for facilities related issues and implementation. Leadership for Capital Planning, Spaces Management, and Construction Management.
- Collaborates with UPHS leadership, clinical leadership, and Entity leadership in developing programs, services, and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty and generate profitable growth.
- Sets standards and drives operational integration of programs by ensuring alignment of communication with clinical leadership.
- Insures efficient economic performance through the setting of financial objectives through planning and controlling operational and capital budgets.
- Provide regulatory oversight of the environment of care, including interface with State Department of Health, CMS or deemed authority (i.e., Joint Commission), local authorities having jurisdiction (i.e., City of Philadelphia) and utility companies (electrical, water, steam, etc.), funding agencies, FDA, HIPPA & others.
- Interface with corporate services to manage leases and real estate for the Pennsylvania Hospital campus and programs, including acting as landlord for internal leases and private tenants, and acting as tenant for major programs for external lease agreements. Key interfaces are with Legal and Real Estate services.
- Licensed professional in architecture or engineering preferred
- Certified Health Facilities Manager (CHFM), or Senior (SASHE) recipient, or Fellow (FASHE) recipient preferred
- Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and discipline related to building design and construction, such as Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management (Required)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, or similar technical area related to Facilities Management (Preferred)
- 10+ years of Operational experience at the hospital administrative level (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE